• Who designs residential buildings; developers or architects?
• Can there be a multi-storey residential vernacular design?
• Can a multi-storey residential building be designed successfully for multi-cultural city?
• Obtain a better understanding of how the mineral composition and formation of stone affect its performance as a building material.
• Learn about the science of each species of stone, examples of how it is quarried, unique characteristics, and common applications.
• Gain knowledge about stone fabrication and finishing methods.
• Understand the resources available that are relevant to natural stone.
• Are we on the right track? Are our cities following the correct paradigms?
• Liveability: how livable are our Arab cities? And what should be done to increase liveability?
• Sustainability: What should we do to reserve adequate resources for the upcoming generations?
• Smartness: How could IoT and intelligent connectivity solutions improve the efficiency of our cities?
• What are the main patterns of road networks?
• City centers and sub-centers.
• Private cars dominance
• Destinations and public interest
• How lighting affects appearance of architecture
• Effects of lighting on emotions, health as well as sales
• New dynamic lighting painting architecture
• Media façade technologies and elevations
• Material categorization as per specs
• Site Inspection
• Analyzing inputs and generating approval
• Discuss the responsibilities and liabilities of each pillar in the typical construction project
• Review resources to find more information about natural stone standards
• Learn how to plan for the longevity of an installation by specifying appropriate materials
• Evaluate factors specific to the price of different materials, finishes and methods
• Essential elements involved in the creation of an effective contract in terms of time and budget
• Understanding of the crucial documents of a standard construction contract from a Design Consultants perspective.
• The important duties involved for a Design Consultant when executing Construction Phase assessments.
- Reinforcing the brand and sense of place with a narrative
- The WOW factor
- Keeping it simple (and cost effective)
- Reason and emotion
•How the design of a world class medical facility is being handled by P&T
•Challenges faced in the planning of the medical campus.
•The use of the latest industry’s technologies through the project
- PLC stages
- Project controls deliverables
- Recent technologies in construction
- Construction Uberization
•Understanding Lean Principles
•Understanding Lean in connection with BIM
•Case Study Showing effect of lean and integrated design on construction
- Lighting Design & its evolution in built form
- Journey of Lighting design, Its evolution & interface with construction materials
- Latest trends & Sustainability
- Case Studies from KSA & Abroad.
• Different applications of Stone Material in Mosque Architecture
• The impact of using the different applications on different user experiences
• Distinctive examples of Mosques using stone material
• Landscape architecture
• Historical projects
• Water frontage
• Enhancing the outdoor beauty with natural stone sculptures depicting a mix of modern and organic
• Global initiatives and standards
• Use of different natural light to bring out the prominence of stone in outdoor setting