• Who designs residential buildings; developers or architects?
• Can there be a multi-storey residential vernacular design?
• Can a multi-storey residential building be designed successfully for multi-cultural city?
• Obtain a better understanding of how the mineral composition and formation of stone affect its performance as a building material.
• Learn about the science of each species of stone, examples of how it is quarried, unique characteristics, and common applications.
• Gain knowledge about stone fabrication and finishing methods.
• Understand the resources available that are relevant to natural stone.
• Are we on the right track? Are our cities following the correct paradigms?
• Liveability: how livable are our Arab cities? And what should be done to increase liveability?
• Sustainability: What should we do to reserve adequate resources for the upcoming generations?
• Smartness: How could IoT and intelligent connectivity solutions improve the efficiency of our cities?
• What are the main patterns of road networks?
• City centers and sub-centers.
• Private cars dominance
• Destinations and public interest
• How lighting affects appearance of architecture
• Effects of lighting on emotions, health as well as sales
• New dynamic lighting painting architecture
• Media façade technologies and elevations
• Material categorization as per specs
• Site Inspection
• Analyzing inputs and generating approval
• Discuss the responsibilities and liabilities of each pillar in the typical construction project
• Review resources to find more information about natural stone standards
• Learn how to plan for the longevity of an installation by specifying appropriate materials
• Evaluate factors specific to the price of different materials, finishes and methods
• Essential elements involved in the creation of an effective contract in terms of time and budget
• Understanding of the crucial documents of a standard construction contract from a Design Consultants perspective.
• The important duties involved for a Design Consultant when executing Construction Phase assessments.
- Reinforcing the brand and sense of place with a narrative
- The WOW factor
- Keeping it simple (and cost effective)
- Reason and emotion
•How the design of a world class medical facility is being handled by P&T
•Challenges faced in the planning of the medical campus.
•The use of the latest industry’s technologies through the project
•Understanding Lean Principles
•Understanding Lean in connection with BIM
•Case Study Showing effect of lean and integrated design on construction
- Lighting Design & its evolution in built form
- Journey of Lighting design, Its evolution & interface with construction materials
- Latest trends & Sustainability
- Case Studies from KSA & Abroad.
• Different applications of Stone Material in Mosque Architecture
• The impact of using the different applications on different user experiences
• Distinctive examples of Mosques using stone material
• Landscape architecture
• Historical projects
• Water frontage
• Enhancing the outdoor beauty with natural stone sculptures depicting a mix of modern and organic
• Global initiatives and standards
• Use of different natural light to bring out the prominence of stone in outdoor setting