- Big 5 Construct Nigeria
Now in its fourth year, Stone & Surface Saudi is the Kingdom’s only event dedicated to its natural stone and surface design industry.
Stone & Surface Saudi offer visitors an invaluable opportunity to do business with international and local suppliers of stone, marble, ceramics and surface design products & solutions.
Year after year the event witnesses deals being signed between hundreds of international supplier brands and thousands of highly influential consultants, contractors, architects, designers and other procurement professionals working at the heart of Saudi Arabia based mega-projects.
Stone & Surface Saudi will give you access to a wide variety of top-of-the-line products and services for the Kingdom’s construction and fit-out industry. From the latest design and innovation in products and technologies to cutting-edge applications and industry best practices, Stone & Surface Saudi offers something for everyone in the following categories:
• Who designs residential buildings; developers or architects?
• Can there be a multi-storey residential vernacular design?
• Can a multi-storey residential building be designed successfully for multi-cultural city?
• Obtain a better understanding of how the mineral composition and formation of stone affect its performance as a building material.
• Learn about the science of each species of stone, examples of how it is quarried, unique characteristics, and common applications.
• Gain knowledge about stone fabrication and finishing methods.
• Understand the resources available that are relevant to natural stone.
• Are we on the right track? Are our cities following the correct paradigms?
• Liveability: how livable are our Arab cities? And what should be done to increase liveability?
• Sustainability: What should we do to reserve adequate resources for the upcoming generations?
• Smartness: How could IoT and intelligent connectivity solutions improve the efficiency of our cities?
• What are the main patterns of road networks?
• City centers and sub-centers.
• Private cars dominance
• Destinations and public interest
• How lighting affects appearance of architecture
• Effects of lighting on emotions, health as well as sales
• New dynamic lighting painting architecture
• Media façade technologies and elevations
• Material categorization as per specs
• Site Inspection
• Analyzing inputs and generating approval
• Discuss the responsibilities and liabilities of each pillar in the typical construction project
• Review resources to find more information about natural stone standards
• Learn how to plan for the longevity of an installation by specifying appropriate materials
• Evaluate factors specific to the price of different materials, finishes and methods
• Essential elements involved in the creation of an effective contract in terms of time and budget
• Understanding of the crucial documents of a standard construction contract from a Design Consultants perspective.
• The important duties involved for a Design Consultant when executing Construction Phase assessments.
•How the design of a world class medical facility is being handled by P&T
•Challenges faced in the planning of the medical campus.
•The use of the latest industry’s technologies through the project
•Understanding Lean Principles
•Understanding Lean in connection with BIM
•Case Study Showing effect of lean and integrated design on construction
• Different applications of Stone Material in Mosque Architecture
• The impact of using the different applications on different user experiences
• Distinctive examples of Mosques using stone material
• Landscape architecture
• Historical projects
• Water frontage
• Enhancing the outdoor beauty with natural stone sculptures depicting a mix of modern and organic
• Global initiatives and standards
• Use of different natural light to bring out the prominence of stone in outdoor setting
"Visiting Stone & Surface Saudi allowed us to see innovations specifically in cladding and alternative materials and on top of that, we've estabilished new relations that are beneficial for our business"
"Shows like Stone & Surface Saudi help source the right products for like me who work closely in the industry. I visited the show to find chemical based products used in the marble industry and found what I was looking for. I would highly recommend this show and will be back again."
"I am glad I visited the show and found the type of products I was looking for. Exhibitions like this really help in sourcing the right product for the right project."
"Stone & Surface Saudi is the perfect platform for industry professionals like us who look for niche products. I was happy with the products displayed and found the right product options I was looking for. I will be back again tomorrow."
“It is excellent to see a niche show like Stone & Surface Saudi. The event has helped us save time to source products for our varied project requirements. The variety of marble and other stones was impressive. I will definitely recommend the show to my colleagues, and will be back again.”
“I flew in from Al Khobar and this show was completely worth it. I found alternative products for a particular project and there were very good options. I also attended the seminars and the speakers were excellent. I will definitely be back next year.”
"Turkey has one of the largest stone reserves in the world and shows like Stone & Surface Saudi helps in showcasing what Turkey has to offer. We are displaying products like marble, onyx, travertine and many more. Come join us at Stone & Surface Saudi.
“We met architects, interior designers and contractors who are the right people to do business with. We also acquired some strong leads, which we would not have achieved if we were not here at Stone & Surface Saudi.”
“I want to thank the organisers of Stone & Surface Saudi here in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, for doing an amazing job in publicizing the show. We received a great response and acquired a lot of contacts. I highly encourage anyone that is considering taking part in the show next year to do it. It is a very good business opportunity. Again, I thank the organisers of the event for a wonderful and prosperous show.”